cauliflower potato soup
"Give me all the soup!" (I stole that from Tiffany! 🤗) While we've been a little spoiled with this warm fall weather, the colder is a-coming, even if our grills are confused and still in the backyard. No? Well yes, at my house we wait for snow to do things like put away our summer toys. Oye!
I see you soup makers out there, it's not just me. Team Burgoon Eats soup, yes they do.
Tiffany made Crock Pot White Chicken Chili from Iowa Girl Eats.
Lizzy made Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale and Sweet Potato Stew from Real Food, Whole Life.
Dawn tagged #teamburgooneats and talked about this next one a few weeks ago! It has many of my favorites: cauliflower, coconut milk and wine. Duh. Dawn says her craving for a baked potato led her to the kitchen to create this veggie packed gem. We'll call it her comeback meal! 👊
Generally speaking, I love puréeing all kinds of ingredients to add fresh flavor-without all of the ick. Prep was very easy, it stored well for about four days. I also froze some in individual containers, reheated great, with addition of a little more broth. - Dawn
Here are the details!
- 2 heads cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 8 ounce white wine
- 16 ounce container of coconut milk creamer
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes peeled and cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 64 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon, salt
- Sauté garlic and butter with salt; once slightly brown, add broth and wine.
- Add chopped potatoes and cauliflower, bring to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer for 20 minutes, or until all cauliflower and potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat, add creamer.
- Using an immersion blender in the pot, puree the vegetables until smooth. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a blender after breaking up all veggies with a spoon or mixer whisk not running first. Or you can slightly cool soup mixture, transfer to a blender to puree, and pour back into pan to reheat as desired.
Show us your pictures, your cooking selfies, your hard work or easy work when it comes to anything food, pul-eeze. Share your pictures on social and tag them with #teamburgooneats so we can find you, high five you, and be inspired to get healthy, by YOU!