pumpkin pie protein smoothie
A few weeks ago, Brianna and I did a little taste testing for our pumpkin experiments. Last week was the savory results with a Pumpkin Soup, and this week we have Brianna sharing the sweet side!
I absolutely LOVE everything about fall. The weather, the colors, boots, sweaters, scarves, caramel apples . . . and my favorite thing of all – PUMPKIN PIE!
A few weeks ago, on a cool, rainy Saturday, Tye and I were stuck in the house, so we broke out the blender, made a huge mess in our kitchen and perfected this Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie.
It was exactly what I needed to curb my sweet tooth – and even Tye approved – “Mmmmm . . . it tastes just wike (like) punkin’ pie, Mom!” So there you have it, straight out of the mouth of my almost-four-year-old. ;)
Protein shakes are great for on-the-go needs, snacks in between meals, 1-2 hours pre-workout or within 30-45 minutes post workout to aid in muscle recovery and growth.
Here’s the recipe!
- 16 oz water
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 scoops Isopure Vanilla Protein Powder - about 2/3 cup
- 1/4 frozen banana
- 3 tablespoons PB2
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin pie puree
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- If using unflavored protein powder, add more banana and/or maple syrup to taste!
- Dump all ingredients except for ice into the jar of a blender and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Once smooth, add ice and blend until ice is crushed to a consistency that you like.
- Divide into 3 servings and drink immediately.